The PhD Program on Animal Health, under the auspices of the National Center for Animal and Plant Health (CENSA), is assigned to the Agrarian University of Havana (UNAH). Its aims are to ensure graduates to become scientists with a solid academic background, who will be capable of performing and conducting researches, communicating and interpreting their results both orally and in writing. They will be able to supervise theses and participate in postgraduate teaching activities on Animal Health.The program, approved by the National Commission for Scientific Degrees (CNGC) of the Republic of Cuba and in 2016 was acredited as certify programm by The National Acreditatio Join (JAN). Furthermore, it has a teaching staff of specialists from CENSA and other research centers and universities, recognized nationally and internationally. Besides, CENSA is the Headquarters of the Permanent National Board on Animal Health.
Coordinator: DMV María Antonia Abeledo García, PhD.
Scientific degree granted: PhD on Veterinary Sciences.
Modalities: Tutelary, theoretical-methodological or curricular training.
Duration: 3-4 years, extensible in one more year in exceptional cases.
- Diagnostic, characterization and mangement of animal diseases.
- Reduction of risk in animal disasters.
- Preventive veterinarian medicine and public health veterinarian.
- Development and evaluation of drug and others products for veterinarian use.
- Quality management, biosafety and good practices applied to veterinarian medicin.
- Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Morphology and Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Zoohygiene and Epidemiology
- Animal Reproduction
- Internal Medicine
- Food Hygiene
For further information
Teléfono: 53 47 863677