The National Center for Animal and Plant Health (CENSA) is pleased to invite you to participate in the III International Seminar on Animal and Plant Health to be held in Meliá Marina Varadero( Hotel Meliá Marina ), Cuba, from the 6th to 10th of May, 2019, with the central motto “The agricultural sciences for One Health”. This third edition will be dedicated specially to the 50th Anniversary of the foundation of CENSA.
Within the frame of the Seminar, researchers, professors, specialists, students, decision-makers, entrepreneurs, and producers from different sectors and countries will debate the strategies and results of the intersectoral and multidisciplinary collaboration work in confronting those problems that affect health of plants, animals, people, and the ecosystem from the communities to scales of greater intervention.
SISA 2019 will be a nice opportunity for the academic, scientific and professional exchange, through the presentation and discussion of the most up-to-date information on:
- Diagnosis and surveillance of diseases and pests in the agricultural sector
- Pest management / disease prevention and control in plant and animal health
- Food safety and innocuity with a productive chain approach
- Disaster risk reduction and management in the agricultural sector
Contributions related to the following topics will be accepted:
- Diagnosis and epidemiology
- Transboundary, emerging and re-emerging pests and diseases
- Invasive species
- Agricultural simulation modeling
- Intersectoral collaboration for prevention and control of zoonoses
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Immunity and vaccines
- Drug design
- Development and application of bio-pesticides
- Natural products
- Management of ecosystems
- Characterization of multitrophic interactions
- Functional foods, probiotics, and prebiotics
- Microorganisms and food quality
- Food safety and innocuity
- The dairy sector and the sustainability challenges
- Risk analysis
- Hazard, vulnerability and disaster risk
- Resilience to disasters
- Impact and mitigation of climate change
- Quality Management Systems and Biosafety
- Plant and animal health, economy, and social development
- Internationalization. Knowledge negotiation. Technological innovation.
- Continuing professional education and technical training
During the Seminar, meetings, workshops, symposia, magister lectures, round tables, technical visits and other encounters will be held:
- 59th Annual Meeting of the American Phytopathological Society – Caribbean Division (APS-CD)
- III Workshop: “The agricultural sector in the coping of disasters and climate change”
- Pulmonary Surfactant Therapies: A tribute to 25 years of Surfacen saving Cuban baby lives
There will be an Expositive Fair associated with the Event where the technological advances related to the topics will be exposed.
You are invited to reserve a space in your agendas and participate in SISA 2019. It will be very pleasant to have your presence in our Seminar.