The PhD Program on Plant Health, under the auspices of the National Center for Animal and Plant Health (CENSA), is assigned to the Agrarian University of Havana (UNAH). It aims at contributing to the training of specialists at the highest scientific level with an updated vision of the global and Cuban plant health problems, the main approaches its development has gone through, and the current trends regarding Plant Protection. The program, approved by the National Commission for Scientific Degrees (CNGC) of the Republic of Cuba, has a teaching staff of specialists from CENSA and other research centers and universities, recognized nationally and internationally.
Coordinator: Lic. Moraima Suris Campos, PhD.
Scientific degree granted: PhD on Agricultural Sciences.
Modalities: Tutelary, theoretical-methodological or curricular training.
Duration: 3-4 years, extensible in one more year in exceptional cases.
- Diagnosis and characterization of harmful organisms
- Scientific bases and generation of management systems of pest causal organisms.
- Selection and development of technologies for mass rearing of biological control agents.
- Management and/or development of synthetic and natural pesticides.
- Crops and their interrelations in the agroecosystem.
- Phytosanitary management in agricultural production systems.
- Technology for the assessment and phytosanitary management of plant products during the post-harvest and storage.
- Training and adoption of phytosanitary technologies.
- Phytosanitary management in seed production.
- Bioinformatics, modelling and parameterization in plant health.
- Studies on biodiversity and its role in agroecosystems.
- Quality management and biosafety in plant health.
- Disasters in agriculture.
- Agricultural Pests
- Plant Protection
For further information
Teléfono: 53 47 863677