The PhD Program on Animal Health, under the auspices of the National Center for Animal and Plant Health (CENSA), is assigned to the Agrarian University of Havana (UNAH). Its aims are to ensure graduates to become scientists with a solid academic background, who will be capable of performing and conducting researches, communicating and interpreting their results both orally and in writing. They will be able to supervise theses and participate in postgraduate teaching activities on Animal Health.The program, approved by the National Commission for Scientific Degrees (CNGC) of the Republic of Cuba, has a teaching staff of specialists from CENSA and other research centers and universities, recognized nationally and internationally. Besides, CENSA is the Headquarters of the Permanent National Board on Animal Health.
Coordinator: DMV María Antonia Abeledo García, PhD.
Scientific degree granted: PhD on Veterinary Sciences.
Modalities: Tutelary, theoretical-methodological or curricular training.
Duration: 3-4 years, extensible in one more year in exceptional cases.
- Diagnosis, prevention and control of animal diseases.
- Epidemiological surveillance and integral characterization of animal diseases.
- Food sanitary quality.
- Milk quality in a sustainable agriculture.
- Planning and confronting of activities aimed at reducing natural and health disasters.
- Genetic improvement.
- Bioinformatics in Animal Health.
- Quality Management and Biosafety in Animal Health.
- Animal health management.
- Molecular epidemiology of the diseases affecting animals.
- Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Morphology and Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Zoohygiene and Epidemiology
- Animal Reproduction
- Internal Medicine
- Food Hygiene
For further information
Teléfono: 53 47 863677