To contribute to the preservation and to the preservation and improvement of the animal, plant and human health
- Development of researches on animal, plant and human health.
- Highly specialized services for the prevention, diagnosis and control of emergent, re-emergent, transboundary and quarantine diseases in animal and plants.
- Development, production and commercialization of products and technologies for veterinary, agricultural and human use.
- Projects for supporting agricultural producers and communities.
- Postgraduate education and training
Main Research lines
- Diagnosis, characterization and management of animal diseases of economic impact.
- Diagnosis, characterization and management of pests in the main crops of economic impact.
- Development of products contributing to animal, plant and human health.
- Food safety and quality with an integral approach on food chain.
Greatest impact areas
- Training Center for the Reduction of Sanitary Disasters in Animals and Plants (CEDESAP).
- Trial Center for the Control of Food Quality and Safety (CENLAC) with 21 assays accredited.
- National Reference Laboratory for Mycoplasma Diagnosis(MYCOLAB).
- Pilot plants for producing biopharmaceuticals and agricultural supplies.
- Irradiation Technique Laboratory.
Since its foundation, CENSA has maintained collaborative relationships with major institutions and universities worldwide, and with international organizations such as the International Organization for Animal Health (OIE), the United Nations (FAO), the International Atomic Energy Agency (OIEA ), the Caribbean Network of Animal Health Surveillance (CaribVET), the United Nations Program for Development (PNUD), the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO), the Organization of Nematologists of the American Tropics (ONTA), the American Phytopathology Society (APS), the International Organization for Biological Control (IOBC), the Pan-American Dairy Federation (FEPALE), among others.
For further information
Dra. Ondina J. León Díaz, PhD.
National Center for Animal and Plant Health, CENSA
Carretera de Jamaica y Autopista Nacional,
CP 32700, San José de las Lajas, Mayabeque, Cuba.
Tel.: (53) 47 863206 – (53) 47 863014
Fax.: (53) 47 861104